Monday, August 12, 2013

Purple quilt finished

I finished mom's purple D9P quilt just in time for her 70th birthday. She loved it!


I used flannel on the back, and the batting is 80/20 cotton/poly blend. The main fabric is a hydrangea line from Lakehouse that is probably 8-10 years old. The border is a batik blend. 
 

I quilted it myself (only the third one ever!) and I still don't enjoy that part of making quilts. As soon as budgeting allows, it's back to the longarm quilters for me!  Until then, there may be a couple more I have to do myself... sigh... 

This one is stitched in the ditch, which really made me aware of how important it is to line up EVERY seam. To the untrained (non-quilter) eye, this is a nice quilt, but to those of us who know what to look for... yikes! It looks like it was pieced by an amateur! All I can say is it's a good thing my mother is the recipient, as she likes anything I make and isn't critical about workmanship. She was just happy it was purple, as ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment