Wednesday, March 13, 2013

You've Got Mail

Don't you just love it when things arrive in the mail??? I had ordered batting from Connecting Threads in the States (so much cheaper than buying it locally by the metre) for my D9P quilt, and figured that I would grab a few other things while I had a shipment coming anyway... So I also ordered a charm pack of Classic Dot fabric, some thread, and a book called "The Farmer's Wife".

And being the type of person I am, I had to start reading right away.... And pretty soon, reading wasn't enough and I had to start creating a new project! The only criteria that I'm giving myself is that I am going to use only fabric that I already have, and every block has to have an element of pink in it. Traditionally these blocks would have been made in earth tones, but those are not the colors that typically catch my eye, so they are a rare find in my fabric stash. Instead, I've decicided my Farmer's Wife quilt will be a bright and lively modern version of a classic.



Block #1 Attic Windows.  Not sure how I ended up with a mirror image of the original pattern (?), but it's a keeper anyways.


(still wishing I had a new camera... sigh) 

Block #2 Autumn Tints.   Note to self: if using directional fabric, try to keep the direction straight next time. 

I also found a group on Yahoo that has lots of tips, tricks and pictures from other members who are making their own blocks and quilts from this book.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment